You’ve heard about probiotics. You’ve probably even heard about prebiotics. But what are TripleBiotics, and why are they important for your skin? We break it down in this article.
The Importance of the Skin Barrier
Looking youthful and radiant goes well beyond makeup. It starts with healthy skin. Protecting and nourishing your skin barrier is one very important key to this. Sun damage, pollution, dehydration, aging – all of it can negatively impact your skin barrier, which is disrupted more easily and repairs more slowly with age.
When your skin barrier begins breaking down, you can experience everything from dryness and itching to flaking, wrinkles, dullness, and even skin infections. Having a compromised skin barrier can also make your skin less able to hold onto things like ceramides and fatty acids. Plus, it can make you look older. To summarize: Keeping your skin barrier healthy is very important.
The Microbiota of the Skin
The tiny microorganisms that make up your skin’s microbiota have a big job. They help keep pathogens out, and research shows they may also help support lipid barrier function and play a role in some aspects of the immune system.
So how do you help keep your microbiota healthy? As with the gut, ingesting or supplementing with prebiotics and probiotics can help. Studies also show that applying something called postbiotics directly to your skin can help by reducing skin sensitivity and dryness. What’s the difference between them?
- Prebiotics: Plant fibers that feed good bacteria in the body. You can get them from foods like asparagus and bananas, or from supplements.
- Probiotics: Living strains of bacteria. These are added to some foods (think yogurt) or can be taken as a supplement.
- Postbiotics: Bacteria that have been inactivated (they are no longer alive) but still retain some of the properties of their live forms.
SeroVital Beauty™ DeepMoisture Recovery Whip™ contains a technology we call TripleBiotics. It’s made up of 2 prebiotics and 1 postbiotic. The postbiotic ingredient is especially exciting, because it was shown in a clinical study to offer a number of benefits:
- Reduced transepidermal water loss
- Increased hydration
- Reduced skin dryness
These clinical results demonstrate the ingredient’s ability to support the skin’s epidermal barrier for a rapid increase in skin moisture with sustained results over time.
Multifunctional Age Defense
In addition to its powerful TripleBiotics, DeepMoisture Recovery Whip contains plant-based transformative growth factor, topical ceramides, amino acids, collagen, lipids, and fatty acids. This ingredient-packed formula is designed to offer serious benefits:
- Support the skin barrier for age defense
- Promote noticeably firmer, smoother, healthier-looking skin
- Provide a rapid increase in moisture with sustained results
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles and pronounced pores
- Visibly improve skin elasticity and radiance
Dry skin is one of the most common skin concerns for older women. One of the main culprits? Changes in the skin barrier. Help support yours with the TripleBiotic technology found in DeepMoisture Recovery Whip.