By guest author Kim Lyons
I love the feeling of spring as the days get a bit brighter and lighter and the earth blossoms with color and freshness. Spring is also a time for renewal and unleashing the energy we’ve gathered while hibernating over the winter and the pandemic. And, of course, there’s no better time to get glowing skin so you look and feel your best as we head into the warm summer months.
These are my 3 simple tips to give your skin that radiant, confident glow.
Tip 1: Nourish from the Inside Out with My Delicious Glowing Skin Smoothie
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 cup coconut water (I like Harmless Harvest)
- 1 cup nut milk (unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 cup mix of frozen pineapple, raspberries, and kiwi (leave the skin on the kiwi; it’s great roughage)
- 1 cup mixed parsley and spinach
- 1 small cocktail cucumber
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp. chia or flaxseed (or a mix of both)
Add to a high-powered blender and blend!
Let’s take a look at a few of the key benefits of the ingredients that make this smoothie a superhero in your quest for glowing skin!
- Coconut water is packed with electrolytes to keep you hydrated and is rich in vitamin C.
- Pineapple has vitamin A to help reduce inflammation, hydrate your skin, and get rid of toxins that damage your skin cells.
- Raspberries are great to keep the skin healthy and rejuvenated with a healthy dose of antioxidants and ellagic acid. They also contain a wonder bonus of fiber.
- Kiwi combines the power of vitamin C, vitamin E, and phytonutrients to stimulate collagen and influence how cells age while fighting the signs of aging skin.
- Parsley contains over 500% of your daily vitamin K in just half a cup. Vitamin K is essential to the skin’s healing process. Vitamin K can also help with dark under-eye circles and is a natural diuretic to help flush the body of toxins.
- Spinach is an excellent source of iron. The body needs iron to transport oxygen efficiently. Spinach is also rich in vitamin K to help diminish dark circles.
- Cucumber contains phytochemicals that help in collagen production and improve skin elasticity.
- Banana is the secret to a creamy smoothie and is loaded with powerful antioxidants, phytochemicals, and vitamin A to restore the skin’s moisture and smooth the rough texture of dry skin.
- Flaxseed and chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, lignans, and antioxidants, making them a powerful ally in the fight against aging! Omega-3 fatty acids help your skin stay smooth and hydrated. Lignans help reconstruct broken blood vessels and skin cells, and even stimulate collagen synthesis. Antioxidants protect the skin from free radicals and UV rays.
Together, this combo makes the perfect boost of nutrients to give your skin a beautiful glow. Missing an ingredient or two? Don’t worry! Mix and match using the ingredients you have in your kitchen–you really can’t go wrong. You can even make it a meal replacement shake by adding a scoop of your favorite protein.
Tip 2: Get Your Blood Flowing with Movement
Exercise is so much more than burning calories. It gets your blood flowing to deliver oxygen and nutrients to your skin. It doesn’t have to be a complicated workout. A brisk walk, bike ride, or your favorite activity will do the trick. Here is one of my favorite moves to get your blood pumping and work your core, glutes, and everything in-between!
- Place your hands on the floor beside your feet and gently step back into a plank position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Swivel your hips and reach one hand toward the ceiling. Move slowly to maintain balance. Beginner tip: keep your feet extra wide for added balance. Repeat on the other side.
- Maintain a high plank position and squeeze the glute muscle to lift the heel toward the ceiling. Keep the abs engaged–don’t let your bellybutton fall toward the floor. Repeat on the other side.
- Quickly trot the feet back up toward the hands, stand, and stretch both arms to the sky.
Beginner option: Complete the sequence with your hands on an incline such as the edge of the couch or a stable coffee table.
Advanced option: Increase the reps of both plank exercises or add a pushup to the sequence.
Step 1: Cleanse and Exfoliate
Slough away dead skin and impurities to reveal brighter, refined skin with ComfortBead™ Cleanser. It’s gentle and nurturing for mature skin.
Step 2: Hydrate and Prep
This highly potent formula combines 3 forms of purified hyaluronic acid to penetrate from the surface deep into the epidermis. The rapid infusion of hydration from TriHydrate™ Concentrate visibly pumps, firms, and perfects the skin.
Step 3: Rejuvenate
SuddenlySmooth Gentle RetinAll™ contains a next-generation retinol-compound with other fabulous ingredients. You get powerful results, without harsh ingredients. Perfect to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and noticeably improve skin elasticity.
Step 4: Nourish
Give your skin a nourishing, moisture-protective blanket with DeepMoisture Recovery Whip™. It offers multifunctional age defense, including supporting the skin barrier, increasing moisture, and promoting noticeably firmer, healthier-looking skin. Plus, its cloud-like texture feels incredible. Pamper your skin once and you’ll be hooked! It’s amazing.